There are a few scenarios in which you might find yourself with a need to manually add applicants to your job posting.
- You are brand new to HiringThing and already have some resumes that have been emailed or mailed to you.
- You have a few resumes from applicants who decided to contact you directly by email. An applicant happened to be in the neighborhood and decided to drop off a resume to you in person.
- Do you have a significant number of applicants to add? Scroll down and check out our section on importing applicants.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to add those applicants manually to your open job.
First, you have a decision to make. You can either have a confirmation email go out to the applicant or you can disable that confirmation email for the applicants you are adding manually. It’s up to you but we’ll tell you how to do both (kind of like those old choose-your-own-adventure books).
Option 1: You want to leave the confirmation email enabled so that once you enter a candidate’s application manually, that candidate will get a confirmation email. Skip to step number 5 below.
Option 2: You want to disable the confirmation email while you are manually adding applications so candidates do not get a confirmation email, and then re-enable the confirmation email when you are done. Start with step number 1 below.
Log into your HiringThing account by choosing one of the two options below and entering your user ID and password.
- Typing into your browser the unique URL you created when you signed up for your HiringThing account (example: http://xyz-company.hiringthing.com, where “xyz-company” is the company name you used when creating your account).
- Go to www.hiringthing.com and click on Login at the top of the page.
Click on Account Details .
Click on the Customize tab.
Scroll down to the Confirmation Text section , select all of the text in the box, copy and paste it somewhere to save it for later use (like a Word doc for example), and then Delete . Then click on Save Changes . This will disable confirmation emails to all new applicants.
Now you are ready to start entering your applicants manually.
Go to your unique HiringThing job posting page either by
- Type in your unique URL into your browser
- Log into your HiringThing account, click on the job posting title and then click on the unique URL of the job posting located directly underneath the job title.
Click on the Apply for this Position button.
Fill in the application web form with the applicant’s information and then click on Choose File to upload the applicant’s resume and cover letter from the location you have saved them on your computer.
If you decided you wanted Option 2 above where you disabled the confirmation email while you were manually entering applicants, you’ll now need to re-enable that confirmation email so all new applicants who apply online get that confirmation email. To re-enable the confirmation email, follow these easy steps.
- From your HiringThing account dashboard (you must be logged in to get to the dashboard), click onAccount Details.
- Scroll down to the Confirmation Text section, click into the text box, find that original text you saved earlier instep number 4 above and copy and paste it into the text box, then click on Save Changes . This will re-enable confirmation emails to all new applicants.
It’s that easy. If you find that you need additional help with this process, contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to assist.
How to Import Applicants to Your HiringThing Account
To help you get started, we offer a free data import service to paying customers. The data import details shown here will help you get started formatting your data for inclusion in your HiringThing account. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
HiringThing is easy to use, intuitive online recruiting software that makes it easy to post jobs online, manage applicants and hire great employees.