Terms of Service
We here at HiringThing, LLC. run a service called HiringThing.com and would love for you to use it. Our basic service has a free trial, and we offer paid plans depending on the number of jobs posted and desired features. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over what goes on your job listing service as possible. However, be responsible in your use of our software. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items listed below appear on your job listing service, or get linked to from your service (things like spam, viruses, or hate content).HiringThing reserves the right to remove any posting(s) if, based on, but not limited to, the following guidelines, the information contained in the posting:
- violates any international, federal, state, or local laws
- discriminates on the basis of age, gender, religion, disability, or race
- contains misleading, false, or inaccurate information
- contains material or links to material that is exploitative in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits work for people under the age of 18
- contains job links that contain information of competitors of HiringThing, or posts or links to competitors of HiringThing
- sells, promotes, or advertises products or services
- concerns jobs in which an applicant is subject to pay fees for work consideration, or involves MLM, franchise, membership fees, distributorship fees, or pyramid schemes
- advertises sexual services or jobs of a sexual nature
- does not represent a legitimate employment opportunity indicated by an Employer's use of w2 or 1099 IRS forms
- advertises any modeling, acting, entertainment or talent scouting agency employment
- advertises any commission only position, unless that is clearly stated in the job posting, and clearly states the product or service the applicant would be selling
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by HiringThing, LLC, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old. HiringThing, LLC. reserves the right to refuse Service to anyone, or cancel an account, for any reason at any time.
- Rules of Conduct As a user of HiringThing.com, you agree that you:
- will not respond to postings by other users in any way other than that which is expected (i.e. contacting a job applicant to discuss the job posting applied for or submitting an application for a job posting).
- will not communicate with other users in a solicitous manner, including communications made via email.
- will protect the security of your password. Protecting your password is your responsibility. You are responsible for all uses associated with your account registration regardless of whether or not you authorized use thereof. If someone gains access to your account and uses it in such a way that violates our Terms of Service, HiringThing, LLC reserves the right to cancel your account. You agree to notify support in the event that you become aware of unauthorized use of your account.
- will notify support if you become aware of any misuse of HiringThing.com.
- will not tamper with the material posted by other users.
- have accurately represented your business to HiringThing, LLC. If HiringThing, LLC becomes aware at any time that you misrepresented your business in any way, HiringThing, LLC reserves the right to cancel your account.
- Your HiringThing.com Account and Site. If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and your job listing service, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the job listing service. You must not describe or assign keywords to your job listing service in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and HiringThing, LLC may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause HiringThing, LLC liability. You must immediately notify HiringThing, LLC of any unauthorized uses of your job listing service, your account or any other breaches of security. HiringThing, LLC will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a
job listing service, comment on a job listing service, post material to
the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any
third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any
such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content
of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case
regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text,
graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content
available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, libelous or defamatory (more info on what that means), does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your job listing service is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other services and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your job listing service is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your job listing service’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by HiringThing, LLC or otherwise.
By submitting Content to HiringThing, LLC for inclusion on your Website, you grant HiringThing, LLC a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your job listing service. If you delete Content, HiringThing, LLC will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, HiringThing, LLC has the right (though not the obligation) to, at HiringThing, LLC’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in HiringThing, LLC’s reasonable opinion, violates any HiringThing, LLC policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in HiringThing, LLC’s sole discretion. HiringThing, LLC will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Fees and Payment. Optional premium paid services such as extra storage, domain purchases or other options may be available on the Website. By selecting a premium service you agree to pay HiringThing, LLC the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on the day you sign up for a premium service and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual period as indicated. Premium service fees are not refundable.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. HiringThing, LLC has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, HiringThing, LLC does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. HiringThing, LLC disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which HiringThing.com links, and that link to HiringThing.com. HiringThing, LLC does not have any control over those non-HiringThing websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-HiringThing, LLC website or webpage, HiringThing, LLC does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. HiringThing, LLC disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-HiringThing websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As HiringThing, LLC asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by HiringThing.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify HiringThing, LLC in accordance with our Digital Millennium Copyright Act (”DMCA”) Policy. HiringThing, LLC will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of HiringThing, LLC or others, HiringThing, LLC may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Website. In the case of such termination, HiringThing, LLC will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to HiringThing, LLC.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from HiringThing, LLC to you any HiringThing, LLC or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with HiringThing, LLC. HiringThing, LLC, HiringThing.com, the HiringThing.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with HiringThing.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of HiringThing, LLC or HiringThing, LLC’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any HiringThing, LLC or third-party trademarks.
- Changes. HiringThing, LLC reserves the right,
at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement.
It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for
changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the
posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those
changes. HiringThing, LLC may also, in the future, offer new
services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of
new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be
subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. HiringThing, LLC may terminate
your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or
without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you
wish to terminate this Agreement or your HiringThing.com account (if you
have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you have a premium Services account,
such account can only be terminated by HiringThing, LLC if you
materially breach this Agreement and fail to cure such breach within
thirty (30) days from HiringThing, LLC’s notice to you thereof;
provided that, HiringThing, LLC can terminate the Website
immediately as part of a general shut down of our service. All
provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive
termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation,
ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. HiringThing, LLC and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither HiringThing, LLC nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. If you’re actually reading this, we salute you. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will HiringThing, LLC, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to HiringThing, LLC under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. HiringThing, LLC shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless HiringThing, LLC, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between HiringThing, LLC and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of HiringThing, LLC, or by the posting by HiringThing, LLC of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of Oregon, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Multnohmah County, Oregon. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Portland, Oregon, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; HiringThing, LLC may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Information for Job Applicants
- If you have applied for a job at a website that contains "hiringthing.com" in the URL, please read this important information. Unless you have applied to a job posted on http://careers.hiringthing.com/, you have not applied for a job offered directly by HiringThing, LLC. HiringThing, LLC is online applicant tracking software that provides employers with a tool to post jobs online and manage their applicants. We are not a job board. Part of HiringThing, LLC's software services include providing Users with a job listings page where applicants can apply to that User's posted jobs. A HiringThing, LLC sponsored job listings page will be formatted with the User's company name or designated URL followed by ".hiringthing.com" (for example, a User who creates an account for their company XYZ Inc. might have a job listings page at the URL "https://xyz-inc.hiringthing.com").
- HiringThing, LLC has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material posted to the Website, including job listings posted by its Users, and disclaims responsibility for that material’s content, use or effects. If you encounter any material posted to the Website that you feel is inappropriate or questionable, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Users of HiringThing, LLC's software may utilize the software to send emails and otherwise communicate with applicants. HiringThing, LLC has not reviewed, and cannot review, communications in any format between its Users and Users' applicants. HiringThing, LLC disclaims any responsibility for any and all communications between its Users and Users’ applicants. If you feel that any communications you receive from Users of HiringThing, LLC software sent on behalf of our Users contain any material that is questionable, please contact email@example.com. Email communications powered by HiringThing, LLC that are sent on behalf of our Users can be identified by a footer in the email characterizing the email as sent by HiringThing, LLC on behalf of a User.
- Employers should never ask applicants for payment of any kind. If you receive a request for payment of any kind from a User of HiringThing, LLC, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe yourself to be the victim of internet job fraud, you may file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).